LadyAkilah
08-08-2001, 06:06 PM
<html><font color="6699CC">
This discussion continues from a previous thread:

claude_ser wrote:
<html><font color="white">
Dear correspondents,

I agree that the feeling of atemporality in a good BDSM session approaches amazingly my idea of a mystical experience, even without deliberately adding spiritual undertones.

Now we have began exploring, I would like to pose another question.

You may be aware of the growing fetish for hypnotic domination; there seem to be more and more dominas who use this means to enhance their partners' experience and take them deeper down the ladder of submission. It seems to be quite a powerful tool; personally, I have not yt experienced it.

What do you think about this path? It could certainly be related to that search for the inner depth that is a mark of BDSM.

Sincerely,

Claude

LadyAkilah
08-08-2001, 06:09 PM
billc replied:

claude, what a timely question! (from my perspective anyway)

We've recently been talking about the potential for hypnosis within the context of our relationship. I've been investigating opportunities for classes on hynosis technique, and in finding trained hypnotists to explore its effectiveness in some other areas as well.

Personally, I think it could offer a way to ease someone into 'subspace' quickly.. and to help a persons mind, 'get out of the way' while in a scene... the example that comes to mind is what I call 'mind drift'... those of us with what is called a 'busy mind' have trouble calming it and focusing on the 'moment'... I think hypnosis has great promise in this area... I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried this, how did it work, how did you go about learning and applying it?

claude, thanks again for a great question!

LadyAkilah
08-09-2001, 06:32 PM
claude wrote:
It seems to be quite a powerful tool; personally, I have not yet experienced it.
claude,

Perhaps you *have* experienced it, but didn't think of it as hynoptic domination since the Domina did not purposely set out to hypnotize you.

Hypnosis is the state where the unconscious mind takes over from conscious mind. This can happen while doing daily activities like walking, driving, etc. One clear sign of it is the passing of time that you cannot account for. You can be in an hypnotic state, at some point, during a scene where you feel yourself drifting deeper into submission and are more open to suggestions and to surrendering...similar to the scene we discussed on the other thread. It's just a matter of how deeply you "go under."

Entering an hypnotic state is not just something limited to bottoms/subs either...

I'm really looking forward to more discussions on this topic. :smile:

claude_ser
08-10-2001, 02:53 AM
Bill, I am glad that my post coincided so much with the events in your life. Quoth Victor Hugo, "there is nothing so irresistible as an idea whose time is come". It seems hypnosis is the next idea in BDSM.

Although I have not yet experienced it first-hand, I have read a bit about its BDSM uses online. The possibilities seem endless.

If we are talking about actual aural hypnosis, in person or on the phone, a well-trained hypnotist can, in the course of perhaps two or three sessions, and with the proviso that you are susceptible, open quite unexpected doors for you. Not only enhancing your immersion in subspace, but actually making you know fantasies you always entertained and never thought could completely realize.

As Lady Akilah says, hypnosis opens the gates to the subconscious, where reality is filtered and ordered to make our daily world. By manipulating that subconscious perception, it is quite possible to induce semi-hallucinative states in which reality itself seems to change.

There are few hypnotists specialized in this field yet, but if I had to recommend any among them, I would name Ms Dominica and Ms. Treehouse. They are very different, as you will see if you visit them, but both are quite excelling in their trade. Their URLs:

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mistresstreestreehouse

http://profiles.yahoo.com/mzdominica2000

Another link you may like to explore is:

http://www.mcstories.com

There are many authors in it, but some of my favourites are EyeofSerpent, trilby else and Sara H. A little strong, but quite tasteful too, is Archaic69 (lesbian subject predominates, I must forewarn).

As you see, the subject does interest me a trifle.

My greetings Bill, Lady Akilah

Claude

LadyAkilah
08-10-2001, 02:33 PM
claude,

Thanks for the links you shared. I visited Lady Tree's homepage, and although she didn't list her credentials she seems to be a very skilled and experienced hynoptherapist. I noted her specialty in offering visually creative journeys, that draws from her background in communication and theatre arts.

Since you've had some time to think about the use of hypnosis in BDSM play, perhaps you could tell me more about how the dynamic plays out between a Domina/sub during session. In your case, what would you like to accomplish during a session? How would the Ds session be different from a regular session between a hynotherapist and client?

Since you've been talking with others who share this interest, what is it that they like to do in sessions?

I could imagine using hypnosis to help someone experience a fantasy of their's quite vividly...maybe something too risky for the physical body that could be exciting to create through hypnosis...

My mind is running wild with thoughts of the possibilities. :grin:

LadyAkilah
08-10-2001, 02:51 PM
bill wrote:
We've recently been talking about the potential for hypnosis within the context of our relationship. I've been investigating opportunities for classes on hynosis technique, and in finding trained hypnotists to explore its effectiveness in some other areas as well.
bill,

I've discussed using hypnosis in our play with my partner in crime. We were talking of doing a mummification scene that includes sensory deprivation (i.e. he would be completely wrapped and blindfolded with his ears plugged to block out sound.) To add to the meditative state of the scene he would induce self-hypnosis.

With sensory stimuli from the environment blocked out one can have lucid dreams, experience a sense of weightlessness...like floating, or have out-of-body experiences. I've used self-hypnosis for deep relaxation purposes before, but have not had the other sort of experiences.

I think a person has to be very comfortable and open to this sort of scene. I once witnessed a mummification scene where the sub was wrapped, blindfolded, and had earphones connected to his ears...After a short while he began to feel claustrophobic, panic set in, and he had to be cut loose quickly. So much for the meditative, mindtrip. :oops:

claude_ser
08-11-2001, 07:45 PM
Dear Lady Akilah and Bill,

Lady Tree is not very active now. As for the other lady, it is much more eloquent for you to visit her site. I find she has a certain gift in voice tonality, and certainly clear goals.

As for what I would like to accomplish in a hypnotic session, the possibilities are so limitless that one feels a sort of dizzyiness. I would love to explore my inner desires, those that are buried so deep in the sbconscious that hardly ever afflorate to conscious thought, or do so quite distorted. I would also be very willing to explore triggers, those words that, implanted during a session, can devolve the subject to a trance state in normal circumstances. Another field that attracts me powerfully is experiencing imaginary situations; for instance, having been the Mistress' French maid for years, or being a female with the kinestetic sensations of a feminine body. To close the list, an enhancement of my already deep stocking- and stiletto-fetishes would be quite a titillating experience. But these are just a few of the possibilities. With the right hypnotist and enough time, this is perfectly reachable.

As for the tastes of others, they range from what I have told you to things like wanting to be manipulated into actually changing sex in real life, or becoming totally dependent of their Mistress. Some of these fantasies can border psychosis, and sane judgement should be exerted before embarking in this route.

I will welcome your reactions to these ideas.

Claude

LadyAkilah
08-12-2001, 05:53 AM
claude,

As usual...words for thought.

The triggers, I think, can be used quite effectively from a distance, especially for teasing and denial. The imaginary situations could keep you in session for the rest of your life, and with a creative Domme you would most certainly never become bored with your experiences.

I really like the idea of being able to experience the sensations of being in a feminine body. That could subtract months or years from training...since many Dommes like submissive men around who can relate to their thoughts and actions.

Now, as for the wants of others to be manipulated into changing sexes in real life, and becoming dependent on their Mistress...I would have to say this is where reality and fantasy should be clearly separated. The last thing any sane individual should do is give up free will and conscious choice. Sounds cool to have one's mind totally dominated by a beautiful woman in theory, yeah, but what of the outcomes of falling into the hands of an unethical person? (Too numerous and too negative to mention. ) I can't help but wonder if the people desiring this have a tendency to blur fantasy with reality anyway.

The last thought that crossed my mind was that we have SSC (safe, sane and consensual) rules for physical play to keep things safe, but hypnofetish is one area where the SM community hasn't made any clear statement--that I know of. We would hope that anyone practicing is a certified hypnotherapist who has undergone supervised training, and that clients would be careful to ask about credentials before booking sessions...well like I said...we would hope...we would hope that they wouldn't just order a hypnosession over the Net through Pay Pal and end up being truly "mind fucked"!

What say you?
...especially about the possibility of developing an addiction.

billc393
08-14-2001, 09:50 AM
Lady Akilah, claude -

I think what I'd like to achieve from a hypno D/s session is at least twofold.

First, let me say I'd only be interested in exploring this with my Wife/Mistress. Primarily because I love her so andd we're completely monogamous. Even if those reasons weren't enough she's also the only person :

A) I'd play with
B) I trust enough to 'mess with my head'
C) want to experience this kind of thing with

As to what I would like to have happen....

Post hypnotic 'triggers', that would allow me to:

A) slip very quickly into 'sub-space', something that can be quite difficult for me at times (and is therefore frustrating to her).
B) allow me to quiet my normally very 'busy' mind and concentrate more on the moment
C) aid me in relaxing, and allowing myself to fully experience the moment and not 'anticipate' or attempt to anticipate even the next second.

As I see it, the biggest obstacles I face in submission, are not ones of 'wanting' to submit, or 'wanting' to please her... they're more 'internal than that... more anxiety about my ability *to* perform to her satisfaction... to submit fully and without any 'hold back'... and those are mental roadblocks... ones I *think* could be taken down, one by one with hypnosis.. now if only achieving success was as easy as reading a book!

-bill

LadyAkilah
08-14-2001, 12:25 PM
bill wrote:
...I'd only be interested in exploring this with my Wife/Mistress...Even if those reasons weren't enough she's also the only person : A) I'd play with B) I trust enough to 'mess with my head' C) want to experience this kind of thing with
bill,

I think the long-term goals you all have set should really enhance your relationship. It's just a matter of finding an hypnotist you feel comfortable working with.

I just wanted to clarify something I said earlier: despite popular belief hypnotists cannot make you go against convictions or values that you feel very strongly about...you have to be open to the suggestion otherwise you'll snap out of the trance. However, it's still important to be able to trust the person you're having a session with because we all have those *grey areas* the subconscious might allow to slip by.

bill, you mentioned the type of intimacy you'd only want to share with your wife...Interestingly enough the whole idea of doing a scene with a sub under hypnosis really appeals to me because of the possibility of becoming somewhat intimate without having any physical contact. I think if I were to become a proDomme, this would be the way to go for me. :wink:

billc393
08-14-2001, 04:45 PM
Lady Akilah -

While it might be possible to achieve a type of intimacy via hypnosis, it woudln't be the type I'm craving :smile: I crave that place only two people who love and appreciate each other can go...

also, even if it were possible, sharing myself intimately with another person.. is reserved for my Wife, lover and Mistress... it was something we both agreed we wanted long before we ever discussed marriage :wink:

Again.. I'm not making judgements... just stating what works for me, and why it works for me.. YMMV...

My Wife and I have often joked about her getting some additional male slaves to help with the yardwork... but in reality... knowing she was with another would 'ding' me inside... just like it would her if I was sharing myself with another... we're both intensity junkies I guess.. and and the intensity we crave most.. is the one between just the two of us.

-bill

08-14-2001, 07:01 PM
as a hypnosis and tantra practitioner *g* I am pleased, as always, to see postings about the subject(s) . . . I have been incorporating various forms of relaxation methodology into scenes for as long as I have been in "the scene" and find hypnosis and tantra to be a natural and very intimate way to express and to explore.

just a reminder - bill is right, this is 'messing with the head' so if you're thinking about exploring it, whether the dom/me lists creditentials or not, at least get references. I know of more than a few submissives to have been exploited and hurt being simply "curious" about the subject and approaching the wrong person regarding it.

as with anything in this world - find your way and what suits you and your partner(s). if you're comfortable with it and enjoy it, the possibilities are endless!

if you are interested, I have a short (but sweet) hypnosis FAQ on my site at http://www.inamorata.com

LadyAkilah
08-15-2001, 02:45 PM
Inamorata wrote:
...bill is right, this is 'messing with the head' so if you're thinking about exploring it, whether the dom/me lists creditentials or not, at least get references. I know of more than a few submissives to have been exploited and hurt being simply "curious" about the subject and approaching the wrong person regarding it...
Inamorata,

Thanks for posting the link to your FAQ sheet. It provided a nice, succinct explanation of erotic hypnosis.

Since you brought up the subject of references and you actually practice in this area: What sorts of questions should someone new to this experience ask an erotic hypnotist? What suggestions might they follow to safeguard themselves and enable them to have an enjoyable experience?

Looking forward to you sharing some more of your knowledge.

LadyAkilah
08-15-2001, 02:59 PM
bill wrote:
Again.. I'm not making judgements... just stating what works for me, and why it works for me.. YMMV...
bill,
Actually my mileage doesn't vary much from yours, but it's quite possible our thoughts or definitions of intimacy may vary. The sort of intimacy I was describing would not bring angst to my partner...the intimacy that is still possible to achieve in platonic, non-romantic relationships.

08-16-2001, 07:51 AM
>>Since you brought up the subject of references and you actually practice in this area: What sorts of questions should someone new to this experience ask an erotic hypnotist? What suggestions might they follow to safeguard themselves and enable them to have an enjoyable experience?<<

imo - any and all questions are good ones :smile:
usually I ask my perspective subjects what sort of background *they* have with hypnosis and/or if they have any knowledge of the subject at all. if not (and they are usually pretty dismayed at this *g*) I send them to hypnosis.com to do some reading first. While I derive great thrills from this practice (and usually my subjects do too!) - I simply refuse to have them jump in with both feet and not know at all what to expect. I like working with people who can (and do) use their brain (go figure!)
I have a standard D/s checklist that I have them fill out as well - this gives me some idea on where their interests lie and perhaps where in their mind I can explore (and possibly push) a little bit deeper.

There are more and more hypnodom/mes popping up as this becomes more and more of a "popular" niche so I also recommend that any perspective subject do a search of other sites. I have references available from subjects that I have worked with (and still work with) - - most times, to my surprise - I'm not usually asked, but I always offer.

I started giving a "disclaimer" years ago. [cliffnotes version] "when I enter your mind and start 'poking' around in there, it will change you. it will affect your life and it will touch every aspect of your life."
you would THINK that this would prompt questioning or at least heighten their awareness about the potential dangers of what may happen should they decide to pursue this particular interest of theirs, but I am still astonished at how lightly people take my disclaimer. some don't even hesitate - some don't even *hear* it, I think.

as with anything else - I believe that BOTH parties should be informed. the hypnotist/hypnotuse know as much about their subject as possible - - the subject at least know what hypnosis IS and what they would like to accomplish along with any possible dangers or complications. if references are not asked for, they should - at least - be offered. I have, in the past, if I know a subject has worked with another hypnotist - asked who they have worked with and if I might contact *them* for more information. I don't ask for private information about the session per se, but it is very informative to be able to find out which style, method or particular type of induction works better, etc.

(have I rambled again? *g*)

let me summarize just in case you've gotten lost in all that :wink:
1. Be informed. Hypnosis is NOT and should NOT be a game. (Roleplaying with hypnosis and gaming with established partners is something *different* and acceptable - KNOW the difference).
2. ASK QUESTIONS - both the hypnotist and the subject.
3. ASK for references.
4. If you have any doubts - intellectually or otherwise - and if your instinct or your *gut* says ... this might not be for me .... don't do it.

I'm too serious for my own good - or so I've been told *g*
here, however, I give no compromise.

I post inductions (scrolling, scripted, graphic intense, java and flash) for the "masses" - these are on my sites and can be accessed by anyone who is curious to learn more. I *work* with subjects who are sincere and willing to explore this realm on more of a regular basis rather than just fantasy. I don't do it for a living and I'm not in it simply for $$. I make that clear upfront. If I'm this serious about what I do and take these precautions for myself (and my subject) - I expect my perspective subject to do - at least - the same.

Bright Blessings & SSC
Lady Inamorata
http://www.inamorata.com
http://www.hypnoticbdsm.com
http://www.hypnoland.com

does the moderator have the ability to *gag*? :wink:

LadyAkilah
08-16-2001, 10:24 AM
Inamorata,
Thank you! The information was really valuable!
I love the fact that you send prospective clients to do homework on hypnotism before committing to a session, so they're aware of what they're getting into. I'm thinking, perhaps the reason people don't ask as many questions as they should is because they view hypnotists as experts...similar to doctors in whom they place automatic trust to prescribe what they need rather than them giving input.
Inamorata wrote:
(Roleplaying with hypnosis and gaming with established partners is
something *different* and acceptable - KNOW the difference).
Just to make certain everybody understands the difference...could you please 'splain the difference. :cool:

08-16-2001, 11:06 AM
On 2001-08-16 10:24, LadyAkilah wrote:
Inamorata,
Thank you! The information was really valuable!
I love the fact that you send prospective clients to do homework on hypnotism before committing to a session, so they're aware of what they're getting into. I'm thinking, perhaps the reason people don't ask as many questions as they should is because they view hypnotists as experts...similar to doctors in whom they place automatic trust to prescribe what they need rather than them giving input.
Inamorata wrote:
(Roleplaying with hypnosis and gaming with established partners is
something *different* and acceptable - KNOW the difference).
Just to make certain everybody understands the difference...could you please 'splain the difference. :cool:

08-16-2001, 11:16 AM
:: growls :: my system locked up... sorry for the previous message or lack thereof! :wink:

the DIFFERENCE is this:

between ESTABLISHED partners, i.e, they know one another and have played before. there is ALREADY established boundaries, safe words, communication, trust, etc., etc., etc.

roleplaying, gaming, role reversal even - BETWEEN trusted and ESTABLISHED partners, this is acceptable behaviour, imo.

if it's between STRANGERS who are in it for the "thrill" or just to "get off" - it is not only dangerous but - to put it bluntly - stupid.

since this covers a wider area than just hypno - why not start a new topic on this? I promise to ramble there, too ... :wink:

Bright Blessings
Lady Inamorata~

LadyAkilah
08-16-2001, 12:00 PM
Inamorata wrote:
since this covers a wider area than just hypno - why not start a new topic on this? I promise to ramble there, too ... :wink:
"So let it be written; so let it be done." - Seti in "The Ten Commandments"

claude_ser
08-17-2001, 01:06 AM
Hello bill, Lady Akilah, and Mistress Inamorata.

I see the conversation has become quite interesting since I last contributed. Mistress Innamorata seems a very consciencious professional, and I am sure that Her advice is based on extensive experience... and judgement.

The risks of a casual encounter can never be underestimated. When they also involve a person's most delicate and secret chamber, her subconscious, the need for prudence is even higher.

On the other hand, I can understand why so many jump so happily into that gleaming black lake. These days people feel finally free to explore their hearts' desires, and hypnosis is very near actual magick in this realm.

In a way, they both create the same effect. To change to world by will, and for the will.

Please excuse the rambling. I am very interested in your further opinions on the subject.

Claude

billc393
08-17-2001, 11:48 AM
Hi A/all -

As y'all know this is an area that holds a great deal of interest for me (and for my Wife/Mistress as well).

I visited Inamorata's site, and, well, it is informative and well thought out.

I found myself wondering if She had any advice for the 'hypno-novice' Domme that wanted to learn about hypnosis, technique and so on, and how she might use it within her relationship. There seems to be a lot of press about the effects of hypnosis, but much less about how to learn the process, and various methods.

Thanks.

-bill

LadyAkilah
08-17-2001, 01:22 PM
claude_ser wrote:
Hello bill, Lady Akilah, and Mistress Inamorata...I see the conversation has become quite interesting since I last contributed...I am very interested in your further opinions on the subject.
Hello claude,

Yes, several new questions were raised since you last visited. :smile:
Thanks again for starting the topic.

On the first page I had another question for you as well: What are your thoughts on the possibility of people developing addictions to erotic hypnosis...since it's such an exciting discovery for many?

claude_ser
08-18-2001, 03:09 AM
Milady Akilah.

Always a pleasure to converse with You. As for my opinion on the possibility of "addiction"... I can only give you the humble opinion of a simple bystander, nothing close to Innamorata's much more learned opinion. This said, I think it is certainly possible to potentiate and already latent obsession by the use of hypnosis. What the beginner must realize, perhaps, is that there are at least two kinds of hypno-domination: the roleplaying one (quite interesting as a possibility to experiment in full conscience), and actual hypnosis, which, with certain training and conditioning, can end up bringing real and permanent changes in the subject's perception of the world.

What can go awry here? The Mistress Hypnotist may harbour evil intentions, or it can be that the sub discovers he has lighted a fire that he did not really believe could be started... when it is too late to easily put it down. In messing with the subconscious, we are messing with the sheer fabric of our reality. The results can be life-changing.

It can also, of course, be a mind game.

Always at Your disposal, Lady Akilah

Claude

LadyAkilah
08-18-2001, 10:22 AM
claude wrote:
...What the beginner must realize, perhaps, is that there are at least two kinds of hypno-domination: the roleplaying one (quite interesting as a possibility to experiment in full conscience), and actual hypnosis, which, with certain training and conditioning, can end up bringing real and permanent changes in the subject's perception of the world.
claude,
So, roleplaying poses no real dangers because the person is fully conscious then...
I'll ask some more about this on the "Gaming" thread.

claude_ser
08-18-2001, 11:35 AM
I am pretty sure of that, Lady Akilah. I will have a look at that thread.

Claude

08-18-2001, 12:50 PM
On 2001-08-17 11:48, billc393 wrote:

I found myself wondering if She had any advice for the 'hypno-novice' Domme that wanted to learn about hypnosis, technique and so on, and how she might use it within her relationship. There seems to be a lot of press about the effects of hypnosis, but much less about how to learn the process, and various methods.

advice I'm always full of . . . :wink:

just a little background on my own personal history - I wasn't actually aware that I was using hypnosis on my subs or in a scene. I wasn't actually aware of tantra either until someone pointed out some things to me and I interacted with people that do and did.

I'm not "book" taught or "school" learned with my hypnosis/tantra - and am a little leary to go in that direction since I seem to have a natural ability that I don't want to *undo*.... having said that:

I was a seemingly novice too (even though I apparently knew what I was doing without knowing it - are you following this?) :wink:

I decided rather than have someone teach me or mentor under someone already established that the only way I could learn and not feel I was compromising my "talent/gifts" was to learn what I wished to learn and put that into what I already knew and used.

I found that http://www.hypnosis.com was not only informative but helpful. I read the scripts found there and was surprised that - YES - I had used words and methods not only similar but could have written what I was reading. It was a quite errie feeling.

I still don't speak the "hypno language" per se, but I do often refer back to hypnosis.com when I have questions.

How it relates to D/s - well that's pretty simple from where I stand - I'm a dominant type. To get inside of a sub's mind, explore dark places (and some not so dark), be able to evoke response and actually plant suggestions is a wonderful and empowering feeling.

I did the same thing with http://www.tantra.com and found the reading to be quite enjoyable and helpful to me.

Combining hypnosis and tantra with a session/scene came naturally to me - so naturally in fact, I didn't realize I had been doing it. For those that come after me and wish to learn it, I have taught and do mentor dom/mes in this fashion always starting with the basics first (the aforementioned sites). Teaching without the D/s-BDSM element gives a good foundation and base from which to draw. Adding the D/s-BDSM element is then very easy since there is something to build upon.

Someday I hope to write a book on the Hypnotuse Dominatrix :smile:

Bright Blessings
Lady Inamorata
http://www.inamorata.com

johnnyw
12-01-2001, 01:31 PM
If you and your partner are interested in exploring your relationship in a state of consciousness altered through hypnosis, I would suggest that you might consider doing a mutual, simultaneous induction technique that is adapted from a basic self-induction described by Dr. Milton Erickson (the 4-3-2-1 induction). It has the great advantage of taking you deeper over time as you practice it and get better and better at it with very little chance that you'll get in too deep too fast. Strangely enough, deeper is not necessarily better in trance work, it all depends on what you're doing, but by matching the depth of trance to the present area of interest you greatly limit the risks of being retraumatized by difficult memories etc. This technique, being a form of self-hypnosis, lets the unconscious mind solve the depth problem itself because it chooses the depth.

The procedure goes as follows:

-Sit comfortably facing each other, looking into each others eyes
-Just look and breathe normally for a minute or two until things slow down
-Then on an agreed signal you BOTH will say out loud, at the same time

*I am aware of seeing ...... (each person says whatever they're aware of, it might be 'you face', 'your eyes', 'the wall behind you', 'the Virgin Mary'. They don't match and you will be talking over and through each other) Do this 4 times in succession. Then move on to ---

*I am aware of hearing ..... (same thing, 'the traffic outside', 'my ears ringing', 'the clock ticking', etc. Again, each saying different things at the same time, but staying in approximate unison) Four times.

*I am aware of feeling ..... (this one is not sad/happy/mad, but rather 'the chair under my legs', 'my heart beating', 'an itch on my forehead', etc. So, sensations.) Four times.

*Then go back to seeing and say 3 things this time (your eyes may close at any time. keep saying what you see even if it's just black or red)
*Then on to hearing, 3 things (don't worry about repeating things)
*Then feeling again, 3 things.

*Back to seeing, 2 times; hearing 2 times; feeling 2 times.

*Last time around 1 seeing, 1 hearing, 1 feeling.

THEN (when you've learned how to get into the preceding this works beter and better) one or the other of you says something he/she is seeing or thinking or otherwise aware of -- the other responds by adding to or adjusting the image from her/his own present experience -- and back and forth you create a joint image/shared reality. {I see a field of purple flowers --- They're blowing in the wind -- Yes, and the wind is singing -- and we are right in the middle of it -- naked -- but you still have your collar on -- etc. etc.) There's no right form for this part to take. Go as long as you want to. Quit when it's right for you.

Most people do best if they each practice the procedure alone a few times until they are comfortable with the mechanics before they start working with their partner. It is a skill and it does require some practice, but in most cases it's worth it.

I've practiced psychotherapy for about 15 years with hypnosis as one of my main tools. I think it is wonderful. I have also seen it bring up some terrible surprises which were ultimately therapeutic but really frightening in the short term. A firefighter who had almost been killed in a collapsing building and now couldn't go back to work put this together for me when, as he was slipping into the trance which ultimately got him able to continue the job he loved, said "You always know where the hose it, right?" I said "Huh?" He told me that in a burning building at least one guy in each team keeps track of the hose because it shows the way out! I said, "Yeah, that's my job in a nutshell." He said "OK, let's go." And with very little prodding or guidance from me he proceeded to find his way back to peace and confidence. So I hope that if you want to do any deeper work than what I've spelled out here you'll be VERY careful who you have keeping track of the hose.

Have fun! You may just want to trance all night!

Seeker
12-01-2001, 03:23 PM
I have a friend that does this for a career in Toronto. While I have never tried it it does sound interesting. http://www.themindmaster.net/

Tell him Seeker sent you.

LadyAkilah
12-02-2001, 03:46 PM
On 2001-08-17 11:48, billc393 wrote:

Thanks.

-bill

Hello johnny,
A belated welcome to the forum!
I wondered whether you had any advice on bill's question, which I reposted above.

http://www.femmedominance.com

johnnyw
12-03-2001, 12:46 PM
Advice for the hypno-novice Domme? Well, since I know darned well people are going to do it no matter what I say, I won't say 'Don't do it!', or 'Don't try this at home kids. These are trained professionals.'

On the other hand, you really can get into deep shit here. The risks run from not ending a trance right and having the subject walk out your door and smashing right into another car in the parking lot to uncovering an unsuspected trauma that leaves a person afraid to go out of their house or suicidal. (I am aware that my views on this may be skewed because of the therapy setting in which I have done hypnosis.)

That said, my advice would be to --

1) learn self-hypnosis before you start leading others into trance. Practice until you are good at it.

2) read about trance induction and uses.

"Hypnosis for Change" by Josie Hadley and Carol Staudacher is a small, well written book that has everything you need it. However, being a small book with a lot of information it may leaving you wishing for more disucussion of a point or more examples, etc.

If this is the case try "TRANCE-formations" by Grinder and Bandler. (If you like that one you might enjoy two others by them, "frogs into PRINCES" and "Reframing" which aren't so focussed on trance, but on what you can do after you're in a trance state.)

"Hypnotic Realities" by Erickson, Rossi, & Rossi, 1976. Irvington Publ/NY is a very complete discussion of various hypnotic techniques, how to do them, how they work, and even exercises to practice them.

"Teaching Self-hypnosis" by Soskis, 1976. Norton & Co/NY. Is a little drier, but full of good stuff.

Finally, I would recommend that you focus on so-called non-directive Ericksonian techniques (based on the work of Milton Erickson, MD) because not only do they work, they can keep you out of trouble. Erickson writes about doing some very directive, strategic work, but that's not the part of his stuff I'm recommending here. It might seem that since they aren't directive they wouldn't fit in a D/s context, but once you're gently into trance I think you'll find that the roles work themselves out in ways you'd never have guessed if you tried to push it.

There's a lot to be had from this area. I hope this gives a reasonably responsible way to start.

LadyAkilah
12-05-2001, 01:44 AM
On 2001-12-01 14:23, Seeker wrote:
I have a friend that does this for a career in Toronto. While I have never tried it it does sound interesting. http://www.themindmaster.net/

Tell him Seeker sent you.

Yes, it does sound interesting. I think, given johnny's remarks, there's a big difference between therapeutic hypnosis and hypnofetish (which I still haven't been able to get too much information about).

I recently found an erotic book about a HypnoDomme.
Here's the link for those who might be interested:

Slaves of the Hypnotist (http://www.femmedominance.com/FemmeDominance/services/shop/books.html#books1)

http://www.femmedominance.com

billc393
12-30-2001, 01:22 PM
On 2001-12-05 00:44, LadyAkilah wrote:
Yes, it does sound interesting. I think, given johnny's remarks, there's a big difference between therapeutic hypnosis and hypnofetish (which I still haven't been able to get too much information about).

That's been my problem as well. Finding information on the 'kinky' uses of hypnosis, there's a ton of information about the theraputic uses, and therapists, but little on the possible 'fun' applications of hypnosis.

However, it does make for good fantasy material, regardless of the actual RL application possibilities. :wink:

It would be very cool though, to find a short class, or a weekend retreat (getaway kinda thing), where learning hypnosis was a part of the package, I'm very confident us 'kinksters' could quickly find our own ways to incorporate the skill(s) into our play!! LOL